Sharjah: Seven people were admitted to a hospital in Sharjah after they suffered food poisoning after eating samosas (Indian food) from a bakery, according to a report by the Arabic Daily Emarat Al Yowm.
The seven people from three Indian families were admitted to hospital. One patient was released, while six others remain in the hospital and are under supervision.
The hospital said the emergency section of the hospital received the seven food poisoning cases over a number of days, with patients complaining that they were suffering from abdominal pain and vomiting. They were immediately given the necessary treatment and medical care after it was determined that they were suffering from food poisoning.
The hospital said that it has reported the incidents to the Ministry of Health, and has forwarded the medical reports.
The Expert’s Thought: Food Poisoning is a common issue hence we need to take proactive steps to avoid it.